2/28/06

'Optimistic' - Radiohead

'You can try the best you can, If you try the best you can, The best you can is good enough'


The cover of my visual communication notebook, I did it all in photoshop.




I have been listening to Radiohead for the past few days and I dont know really what that says about me. Yes, they are a fantastic band, poets and composers but alot of their music is depressing and I am sooo not a depressed person.

I guess it can be because alot of work that I am doing calls for you to look inside yourself and answer the questions your normally to busy to take time for.

For instance am working on a visual communication notebook that asks you to put together images that you believe are beautiful. It sounds easy doenst it?.... and for a long time I thought it was but now that am putting the whole collection together I have realized its not.

My professor who happens to be a fashion stylist wants to be able to look at the notebook and get a sense of who you are. As she told the class 'I want to be able to get your vibe'... I turned to Fariel in class and said to her 'I dont have a vibe' which now I know isn't true but I dont know exactly how to explain it to anyone or illustrate it with images.

Its just so hard to do because I think I can say more about myself through music since I feel I am able to connect with that more than any image. If we were able to put those two together I would probably make a small film but thats not the objective, I guess I want any reason to make a small film.

Speaking of that, my toes are still frozen from walking around Shepards Bush today looking for a record studio. I met up with Natalie so we could go over somethings for the music video. Now I have heard Natalie countless times stressed out over the phone but its another thing all together to see it, poor thing.

Its just that for some reason all of our deadlines happen to fall in the same week so we practically go without sleep for a week.

That happened to me last night I think I finally closed my eyes around 5am and even then I was forcing myself to sleep. We just have so much work and since am an over achiever at times I am doing a little more than other people because I want to get a good mark. Also I work friday and saturdays so I lose those days and I have to make up for it somewhere.

-I just got a call from my friend Fariel, who had good news it looks as if those 4 interviews I thought I needed for my broadcast project is really only one interview.. thank goodness!
Best news ever.. ever.. ever!

Well now I have to get down to work, I have my diet coke, a bottle of water, some popcorn and my photoshop open so am all set. Which means I have no excuses to not do my work..

Oh is that my phone ringing...!!!!!

No comments: