2/5/06

'Nights Like These' Lucero

'It's nights like these that make me sleep all day'

A beautiful sunday and all I did was leave the house to get a hamburger and coke.

Whats that you say?

Alix why not enjoy the day...

Because am recovering from yesterday. Like usual I spent the day at work but my internet surfing and phone conversations were interrupted by the presence of my boss. She had been in Paris the whole week so she wanted to come in and get some work done.

I was a head case about it for awhile because well this what I wrote at my LJ:

'I might get fired because once again I sold something for the wrong price. I just got confused because one tag said one thing and another tag said something else.. but now that I look at it closely I can see what the right price is.. God and only like 2 weeks ago did she tell me to pay more attention and that any mistakes will be taken from my check.'

So like I do I worried about it the night before afraid that I might lose my job even though I knew I was being overdramtic about it. As it turns out she was pretty cool and didnt even take it out of my check.


Oh but the day didnt end there my friend it was JoJo's birthday so I had to get prettified at work and then met Natalie at the tube station and I shouldnt have been suprised that she was running late. Finally she makes it. I have the gift she has the card and on the 10min ride to Oxford Circus we came up with a bday rhyme it went a little something like this...

We dont want to be sappy but we want you to be happy.
Why? Because baby your fly!
Its your day so its time to play! Happy Birthday...
We love you tons because you're our honey buns..
Love Mat,Nat and Alix..


Yeah my name doesnt rhyme with anything but oh well! We ended up taking a biker cab to the club and met other people from school..the place was called Annex 3, it was featured in Wallpaper this month so I guess its pretty trendy but it didnt stop us from criticizing the decor and music. Awe fashion students they think they are know it alls.. .

I had forgotten my camera.. of course and so I ended up kidnapping Phoebe's and Fariels and took so many random pictures that I forget what there is. We gossiped about classes, complained about profs and bonded over silly things that would make anyone laugh.

Friend 1: You loved Walk the Line, Oh my Gosh so did I!
Friend2: No way lets be friends forever!

We stayed there till for hours taking pictures and toast after toast. Then the place closed and thats when the real party started. Where the people that are die hards and lovers of dance looked for the next hot spot. But of course we didnt know where that was so like we always do we wandered around for an hr trying to find a place. Finally we made it to the soho lounge after losing people, crying on the sidewalk and stopping to eat.

We danced to every song and ended the night at JoJo's flat cutting cake and playing I never..

It was just Mat,Nat, Fariel, Jamil, JoJo and I, it always seems like it is always us at the end. I dont know how but we have somehow created this bond.

I overheard this:

Natalie said this to JoJo while she was hugging her: All of us are friends forever girl.. you mat fariel alix and I.. always..

Needless to say I made it home around 5 am this morning and now my friends are calling me so I can fill in the missing time in their memories.


I will try to have pictures up later this week!

No comments: