1/30/06

'Happy' Brandi Carlile

'Am happy, can't you see am alright'

Am at home sick.. blah! It was bound to catch up to me, my roommate and my boss were both down with it last week.

Well to back track I havent updated in awhile because some of you may know December was not turning out to be what I expected. I am quite the lover of the Christmas spirit and as it kept getting nearer and nearer to Christmas Eve I just wasn't feeling it. What I learned was that home really is where the heart is. I also learned that I have made some excellent friends here who really stepped up and were there for me in my time of need. I had never felt so depressed in well ever, you know me am a happy positive person.

When it came down to it I knew that I needed to go home, so I did. It went by way too fast but I had a great time. Visiting my aunts and uncles and cousins. Also just laying on my parents on the couch watching endless hours of television.

But now am back in London.. and yesterday I figured out that I really do love my life here. Its hard with the whole currency conversion and balancing school and work but I am happy that am here.

Like everyone I have my up and down days but when it comes down to it I dont think theres anyother place I would want to be. I complain about the tube, walking in the cold and not being able to afford all of the designer clothes that I see in magazines but I also know that this is only three years of my life. I need to live it up!

So I do.....My roommates birthday was the other day and since she wasnt feeling well she headed home early and like always Mat, Nat, JoJo and I were still celebrating way into the night. I had planned on heading home early because I had to work the next day but then when you are faced with jumping in a taxi with the people you have the most fun with or heading home early and watching Celebrity Big Brother.. there's really no competition.

I am still laughing at Natalie and JoJo taking over the mic at our fave pub and singing 'These boots were made for walking', its her fave song dont ask me why.

They are the silliest drunks.. and I love them. You know there are times in your life where you meet people and you just know that they are going to be apart of it forever. It doesnt happen very often but its the best when it does.

No comments: