11/21/05

'Tell All Your Friends' - Feeder

'Staring out to reach a star, Contemplating life on mars,
Life's a cover magazine, I'm an eggshell under feet'


I started work placement yesterday. Now first of all the whole experience wouldnt have started out right if I didnt get lost first, which of course I did.

The tubes were a complete mess so a ride that should have been about a half hour turned out to be almost an hr, well I was lost for about 10 minutes so I cant blame that on the tubes but I will anyways. HEHE, thats my perogative.

So back to work placement which is at a live television show called OFI Sunday thats hosted by Chris Evans, a popular guy in London. I have never worked at a tele programme so I definetly felt like a fish out of water. But it was cool being able to be on the set watching the actual show as it was being broadcast. Billie Piper from Dr. Who was the guest star.

But let me go back a little, when I first got there I got my very own crew pass, yes ladies and gentlemen it said I was crew.. hehe..

But oh and there is a but, even though you work for free you are very low on the totem pole. The only thing that is comforting is that you know the only way you can go is up.

Anyways we got the official tour of the studio, where the dressing rooms, green rooms, production rooms were and of course the halls were lined with photos of different shows that are shot there. It was not overwhelming but it was pretty cool.

Since it was my first day I was assigned to the audience which means I get them to sign papers and give them a quick run down of what will be happening inside.

Its a small studio so only like 100 people can come in but of course there were to many people outside so we (well I didnt) had to turn some away, can you say angry mob..um ..yeah, as soon as they started turning on me I walked away, really theres nothing I could do. Roger the security gaurd took care of business, hes quite scary looking if he told me there was no more room I would be like 'ok thanks no problem'.

Well needless to say after that little fiasco we got the audience members in a timely and efficient manner. The rest of our job was just to get names of people who won prizes and helping them file out after the show was done.

Now you know am a nosy person (yes i can admit it) so I asked alot of questions about different areas of the show, it quite interesting. The industry is a pretty tight little group, everyone knows everyone because at some time or another you have probably worked together on another show. Networking people, thats what it comes down to really.

I had a good time, Ive never been in a television studio before and now I know it wont be my last.I go back next week, I think the celebrity guest is Jimmy Nesbit from Murphys Law.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh hunnie, you're all grown up and fabulous. Love you!
Ali