11/18/05

"Devil Archerist" - Bethany Joy Lenz

'This day probably tore me apart, And I didn’t even know it'


Once again it has been incredibly long since I have posted but I have excuses... hey dont look at me that way, they are good ones.

1) School, I just turned in one of my projects this week and boy do I look like it. It was alot more work then I had thought it would be and am not the only one. So at 4am on the morning that it was due my friend Fariel and I were sitting in my room working on laptops. During the course of that night our friend Revka was filming four people downstairs in my living room for the project. I was having panic attack phone calls with my friend Natalie (our speciality.. hmm) and our other friend Naadia was on her way over to print her project on my printer. Yes that was all happening bt 2-4 am. At 8:30 am we were still up and I was helping Fariel put the last of her project together so we could catch the bus.

We had made a pact that we would help each other, that we werent done till the other was. I really dont know how I would have gotten through it without her. She's become a really good friend this past term and thank goodness we will be spending alot of time together the way they're handing out projects this year. Its great when you find a person that you can work with creatively and still be a total dork around..not that am a dork! HEY!

So in the same clothes I wore the day before I went to school. Didnt even apply make-up or look in the mirror. So sad I know!

But we made it and our projects came out fabulous. It was funny because everyone in the class besides my four friends look all refreshed. Yes we were the ones with coffe cups in one hand. our heads in the other and bags under our eyes.

The thing is we have huge problems with wanting everything to be perfect that we do, redo and do it over and over again till its perfect and even then we wish we could go back. Well we will see how that comes out.

So when I went home after turning in the project and going to classes I found 3 laptops, one desktop, a video camera, a printer on my bed, 2 digital cameras and a tripod all littering my room. You could really tell what room was headquarters, thank goodness its big.

Its funny now but at the time it was all out panic and desperation. Fariel told me that she could tell I was really stressed because the last few hrs I barely said 5 words.

Never again dudes never.. I need to learn how to prioritize. I had been working on another project that wasnt even getting marked, but it was more fun.. ah well..

2) Yes I have another excuse my desktop computer has a virus, so its dead to me. I havent had a chance to get it fixed. Ive cried too much over it already.

3) I work alot besides school 4 days a week I work the other 3.. all work and no play makes alix a boring girl. OOH and I start work placement on Sunday at a live television show..woohoo!

ok not all boring..
I went to my friend Matts b-day party and it was a fab time .. We all finally went out and it was way over due.. I will post pictures when my comp is fixed..

This month has gone by way too fast..but things are starting to calm down so I should be able to keep you updated a little more.


Oh and by the way its 8 degrees outside.. brr!