10/14/05

"Finally Woken"- Jem

Song Quote: "You see Ive finally woken. From a long sleep. I'm ready to jump to make that blind leap, Coz now I believe I have the power in me I ve got the Faith Baby, I can truly be free"



Well my first week of school has certainly flown by. The first day didnt really count it was just enrolment (no I didnt spell it wrong thats how they spell it here) and a quick session of timetables and what did you do this summer?
But it was so great seeing everyone and hanging out. We ended up going to my friend JoJo's (pronounced yoyo) flat thats only a ten min walk from uni. She has a deck and we sat there for a few hours eating and talking about random fashion topics. How we think the fashion world is revolving and how it will effect our future in a year or two. It was fab. I really did miss them all.

Tuesday we actually had class..lol! I went to my fashion photograph class where we were given a run down about how our seminars will consist of analyzing and interperting the commercial and artistic qualities of the fashion photograph.
So really you know those ads that you find in your magazine yes the Versace and the Dior ones! They are actually trying to say something and it will be my job to write about what that is through the history and knowlege that I learn from my classes.
Hey it sounds fun to me.

But my main classes will occur on wed and thurdays. We got the brief for our broadcast class in which I will have to choose a relevant topic write a script for it and then actually go out and shoot 15 or more different shots of locations and what not that I would want edited for my film. We wont actually edit this term but we will do everything up to that point.

It doesnt acually sound as hard as I know it will be considering since I have only had a few experiecnes with a home video camera and this is quite different.
But I do realize how awesome this will be. I am also thankful that I have some friends with me in the same class so I was able to share my giddyness with them. They were just as psyched as I was.
This will be my main project but I still have yet another project. For my styling class we will be creating short film about colour. We will be styling, doing make-up, scheduling models and shooting a short promo about it. This is going to be so much work but its exciting.
This will be group project and I hope it goes better than my last one.

So overall this is what I have to do this term:
Write an analytical paper
Make a script and shoot 15 good scenes for a two minute film
-research and prep
-with this I have to pick a target audience and explain every single decision I make
Put together a film about colour
- am not really sure what this all involves yet
At the same time I have to make two visual notebooks

Now take this into acct that I only have a month do this all...woohoo
My new name is Busy Bee! hehe!


I know its going to be alot of work but it doesnt bother me. I have never been more sure of the career path I have chosen. It also helps that my profs are enthusiastic about it as well as my classmates. Natalie and I were giddy talking about all the possibilities that we have in front of us. Our course is goin to be alot of fun and when Katy told me that she had to do research for a 15000 trend piece I was like thank god am not in journalism.

Maybe last year that would have made me happy and excited but am not in that place anymore. I think I have actually found something that I maybe meant to do and thats never felt so freeing.

Hw for this week: Go see the movie Crash, watch television, research the colour Gold and start collecting little pieces and objects of anything that interest me.

You think am kiddin this is actually my homework..lol!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alix, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a job opportunity site/blog.
Get paid to take Online Paid Survey at job opportunity.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn between $5 to $75 per survey at job opportunity - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Alix, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a jobs career site/blog.
Get paid to take Online Paid Survey at jobs career.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn between $5 to $75 per survey at jobs career - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Alix, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout job opening site/blog.
Get paid to participate in online focus groups at job opening stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You could earn $50 to $150 per hour at job opening - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Alix, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout job listing site/blog.
Get paid to participate in online focus groups at job listing stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You could earn $50 to $150 per hour at job listing - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Alix, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a job employment site/blog.
Get paid to take Online Paid Survey at job employment.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn between $5 to $75 per survey at job employment - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Alix, this is an exciting blog here!

You may like to checkout job opportunity site/blog.
Get paid to participate in online focus groups at job opportunity stuff.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You could earn $50 to $150 per hour at job opportunity - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent Alix!!!

You may want to check out post job - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com
Get paid to try new products at post job site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You would be able to keep the products and get paid at post job - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Alix, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a part time jobs site/blog.
Get paid to take Online Paid Survey at part time jobs.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You can earn between $5 to $75 per survey at part time jobs - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent Alix!!!

You may want to check out hot jobs - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com
Get paid to try new products at hot jobs site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You would be able to keep the products and get paid at hot jobs - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent Alix!!!

You may want to check out job opening - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com
Get paid to try new products at job opening site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You would be able to keep the products and get paid at job opening - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog is worth a visit.

You may like to checkout job bank site/blog.
It is a job bank site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

Work at home anytime anywhere at job bank - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com

Anonymous said...

Excellent Alix!!!

You may want to check out get paid for taking survey - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com
Get paid to try new products at get paid for taking survey site.

Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

You would be able to keep the products and get paid at get paid for taking survey - OnlinePaidSurveyReview.com