2/11/06

"When The Curious Girl Realizes She Is Under Glass" - Bright Eyes

'I have seen the curious girl with that look on her face. So surprised she stares out from her display case.'

I refuse to pout but cant a girl just be sad for a little while especially when her favorite thing in the world to do is put off limits.

My roommate told me/asked me not to sing in the kitchen anymore because it carries down to her room. Now I know am not BJL or any recording artist for that matter but am not horrible either. I just love to put my ipod in my pocket and sing while am cooking.

I was heart broken.

But then I thought this is my house too and if am allowed to sing anywhere its at home right? Well my so what attitude didnt stick around to long.

I tried to sing while I was cooking last night but I felt so self-conscious and the whole thing is ruined for me. It feels like am trapped under her listening ear, I was so respectful about it too. I would close the kitchen door and try not to sing too loud. But now even though shes not in the room I feel like shes there and its weird!

Am just going to sit here and pout for a little while.

In other news has anyone ever heard of the Plug awards.. am sure you have and once again am just late to the party. Well its a award ceremony for Independent Music artists, there are all sorts of categories but the one am most proud of is College/Non-Comm Radio Station Of The Year which was awarded to KEXP from Seattle. Am so proud but they sooo deserve it.

I know this my friend Ali's fave station. Go ahead be giddy about it girlie!

So another saturday and am stuck at work just watching the clock.. hmm no one is here maybe I will just sing along with the stereo.. yeah its not the same..

No comments: