2/9/06

'Talk Down the Girl' The Veils

'Seven moons for seven seas won't let them get the better of me '



I took this on Tuesday night, the wind was howling and the rain was skattering across the sky and from my bedroom window it seemed as if the lights were dancing. I ran for my camera and bared the cold as I stuck my head out the window to capture this photo. Sure enough the lights were dancing in the sky.

It seems so peaceful and lovely such the opposite of how this day has gone. I went in for my tutorial with my prof, we were to discuss my group project and my individual project which to be honest I didnt have nearly enough research on them as I should have.

I have ideas, frankly am over flowing with them but for some reason I just cant work them out. Maybe its because I lost some of the passion I had when I was first assigned the subject.
Things have been twisted and screwed up over the weeks that any desire I had to do them quickly faded out.

Well anyways I get there and find out that two students have left her office in tears, not a good sign for me. Finally a hr and half later after many emotional conversations with my fellow classmates it was my turn to go in and face the music.

I left my defensive attitude at the door and came in with a smile on my face. The tutorial went better than expected. I gave her the findings on my research and she loved it. We both agreed that it probably wouldnt work for any of my projects but she could see where I was going with it and would like me to do it for a future project.

Score one for Alix!

She said' I was also very intelligent and showed that in my work' NICE!

Now if my day had ended there I would have been a happy camper but I still had a group project to worry about.

But thats a story in itself and I have to get to sleep and its pretty boring..
So I will save you from reading about it.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

hey, i saw that you have my blog linked. thanks! Great post by the way, I'm in love with the Veils. I've been think about posting more from their disc!

AlixRose said...

I love love the veils.. i cant believe more people dont know about them. Everyone looks like I said something in a forgein language when I mention thier name. haha! Dude I totally love your blog too,great title.. Ryan Adams is a favourite of mine and I think I have come pick me up in three versions and I still want more.. lol! Anyways keep up the great work I can see it takes alot of it but I soo enjoy and appreciate it.
Thanks..